Vacation rental travelers know how to kick back. Cost savings, peace of mind and flexibility are among the reasons why 92 percent find vacation rental stays more relaxing than other lodging accommodations. These are among the findings of a recent study of more than 11,000 vacation rental travelers conducted by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, the world’s largest professional manager of vacation rental properties and part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN).
The study shows the kitchen is a major stress reliever, with 94 percent of vacation rental travelers agreeing that having one on vacation reduced their stress level. Of those travelers, 73 percent attributed the lower stress to being able to save money. On average, vacation rental travelers report having saved $742 over the course of a week by preparing some meals in their rental. They tend to prepare an average of 12 meals during a week-long stay, including breakfast five times, lunch four times and dinner three times.
“With July marking National Vacation Rental Month, there’s no better time to look at why vacation rental travelers choose this way to vacation,” said Mary Lynn Clark, president, Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America. “While you might think you’d never cook on vacation, it can be a tremendous source of savings. That added value along with the extra space and flexibility a vacation rental offers can make for a more relaxed vacation experience.”
Other findings show the kitchen saves vacation rental travelers aggravation.
In addition to travel savings, vacation rental travelers cited a number of reasons why having a kitchen on vacation helps them relax. Of the 94% who agreed it alleviates stress, here’s why:
• Dining out can be stressful. 60% felt not having to get ready to go out to eat allowed for a more enjoyable experience. Similarly, 36% liked being able to avoid the wait times of restaurants and the stress of eating out.Vacation companions matter, too.
• Diets and allergies are a concern. 59% appreciated having a kitchen because they were better able to cater to everyone’s diets and allergy restrictions and stick to preparing healthier meals.
Vacation rental travelers prioritize when it comes to choosing who to bring on vacation. When weighing companions from parents and friends to in-laws and extended family, priorities tend to vary based on gender and age:
• Women are less likely to bring their in-laws. Perhaps stacking the odds in their favor, women are more likely to want to take their own parents, extended family and friends on vacation before adding their in-laws to the list.WyndhamVacationRentals.com for vacation deals in popular beach and mountain destinations, and enter the Road to Happiness Sweepstakes* for your chance to win a road trip vacation package. Learn more and play now at RoadtoHappySweeps.com.
• Men are more likely to bring help. More appreciative of extra hands, men are more likely to want to bring the housekeeper and the babysitter on vacation.
• Older travelers want to bring their friends. Surprisingly, the older vacation rental travelers get, the more likely they are to want to take friends on vacation. Of those ages 25-34, 26% were most likely to want friends with them on vacation, compared to 29% of those ages 35-54, and 36% of those ages 55+.
This study was conducted from April 6, 2015 – May 3, 2015 through an online survey of travelers who have stayed in a vacation rental property in the past three years through Wyndham Vacation Rentals’ database. For the full results, please contact Leann McDonough at email@example.com.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 7/31/15. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.roadtohappysweeps.com, www.road2happysweeps.com, or www.road2happy.com. Sponsor: Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America, LLC, 14 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
About Wyndham Vacation Rentals >
# # #
Wyndham Vacation Rentals